Mount St. Mary’s School
The symposium to be held on the 25th and 26th August aims to focus on the development of students in the field of Computer Science and Economics. It will feature concurrent and general sessions including:
• Group Discussion
• Matrix Challenge
• Logo Challenge
• One team consisting of a speaker, an interjector and a visual aid supporter may participate in this event.
• A maximum of 3 minutes will be given for speaking.
• A maximum of 2 interjections will be allowed per speaker. Cross-questioning will not be allowed.
• In the absence of any interjection, the speaker stands to gain full points for his/her interjection.
• Presentations to be submitted on CDs at registration on Day 1 of the symposium.
• Points will also be awarded to the Best Visual Aid Supporter.
• Topics for symposium:
1. Change of course with open source.
2. Hacking – Boon or Bane?
3. E-Governance – Is India ready for it?
4. What makes the SENSEX sensitive?
5. The future of Global India Inc.
6. Family Business in India – Is the split inevitable?
• One member will represent each school.
• Topic will be given on the spot.
• There will be two rounds.
• The GD will be conducted in batches (minimum of 6 participants) depending on the number of schools participating.
• Six participants will compete in the final round on Day 2.
• Time: 30 minutes per batch(prelims), 1 hour final.
• One participant will represent each school.
• Three rounds of Gaming will be held as given in the schedule.
• Participants have an option to bring their own USB mouse and USB controller (to be used in the gaming event only).
• Participants should be ready for all types of games.
• One participant per school will be allowed to participate in this event.
• Participants are required to make a website for a fan club of a sports team.
• Participants will be judged on their creativity and design.
• Participants are requested to submit their web presentation on CDs at registration.
1. Only one team per school consisting of 4 members will be allowed.
2. Each team will be given a topic on the spot to prepare an advertisement, which will launch the product.
3. Each team will be given approximately 45 minutes for preparation.
4. The team may use any PROPS, CHARTS, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS etc. the host school will not provide any props.
5. Time for presentation will be 3 minutes including one minute for stage preparation.
6. The presentation will be in ENGLISH.
7. The team will be judged on:
• CONTENT 10
• CREATIVITY 10
• PRESENTATION 10
• HUMOUR 10
Quiz (Computers + Economics)
• One team consisting of 3 members only.
• There will be a preliminary round and four teams will be selected for the final quiz.
• Time for prelims: 30 minutes
• Two participants from each school.
• The event will be a series of challenges testing the participants’ knowledge of Technology, Software and Hardware.
• Time: 2 hours.
• One team per school consisting of three participants only.
• Team can choose between Visual Basic and C++ logic-based questions.
• Turbo C++ and VB 6.0 will be provided.
• Time: 1 hour 30 minutes.
• One team consisting of 2 members can participate in this event.
• Participants will have to work on Adobe Photoshop to create their masterpiece based on the topic given on the spot.
• Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1. One team per school consisting of 2 members will be allowed.
2. Team members should have a thorough knowledge of Adobe PHOTOSHOP OR MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
3. The programs used will be ADOBE PHOTOSHOP/MICROSOFT POWERPOINT and PAINT
4. The topics will be given on the spot and no further changes will be entertained
5. Participants will be allowed to bring IMAGES,PICTURES AND GRAPHICS and will have to submit the material 10 minutes before competition for VERIFICATION (with the name of the school).
6. MARKING SCHEME:
• PRESENTATION : 20
• CREATIVITY : 15
• CONTENT : 15
• TOTAL MARKS : 50
7. TIME LIMIT : 40 MINUTES
8. TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
1. Only one team per school consisting of 2 members will be allowed.
2. Time allotted for the challenge is 20 minutes.
3. There will be no prelims for the challenge.
4. Logos of all products and services are included.
No student can participate in more than one event.
The teams for all events have been finalized except Logo Challenge (1 member needed),Matrix(1 member needed),Sloganomics & Gaming.Interested members are requested to contact the presidents.